We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Development Engineer in Test for our OpenEdge product group in our Bedford, MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
The OpenEdge Database is the core of the Progress OpenEdge product line, providing a high-performing, scalable and cost-effective platform allowing customers to build powerful business applications on premise and in the cloud.
This position will involve working as a Software Development Engineer in Test to test the OpenEdge Database and its various clients and utilities. The projects this person will be working on will require them to use the OpenEdge Advanced Business Language (ABL) and SQL clients in testing new Database functionality. The OpenEdge Database is the core of the Progress OpenEdge product line, providing a high-performing, scalable and cost-effective platform that allows our customers to build powerful transactional business applications deployed both on-premise and in the cloud.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Attend and actively participate in regular Test and Development team meetings
- Assist Senior Engineers in writing and implementing test plans, create test cases and automate test cases for the verification of new product functionality
- Track and report status against assigned tasks
- Perform product regression testing of software prior to product releases
- Work closely with developers to facilitate the tracking of bugs and enhancements
- Work closely with the development team to review product requirements and design
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Applicable experience as a Test Engineer
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field of study
- Have a working understanding of Database technologies
- Knowledge of software quality assurance and validation methodologies
- Have knowledge and experience of high-level programming languages (Java, C/C++), and be comfortable working on both UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with peers
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!