Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a QA Automation Engineer in our Sofia office, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
The opportunity is a great match for someone who has a background in
software testing and wants to dive into test automation.
The product Sitefinity is an ASP.NET Content Management System delivering power without complications. Designed with both usability and extensibility in mind, Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it’s built on a cutting-edge code-base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long-term needs of today’s businesses, including tackling the fast-paced world of mobile.
This job will start as a remote (work-from-home) one but come January 2022, given local conditions allow, is expected to transition into a hybrid role - dividing time between our Sofia office and working remotely.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Design, execute and automate test scenarios and test cases based on feature requirements and specifications to verify the quality of the product
- Use various testing techniques to verify features and fixes are correctly implemented
- Develop and maintain automated tests (functional, integration, API, performance and load tests)
- Monitor and maintain test environments
What you need to succeed:
- Experience in QA
- Experience with testing web applications
- Experience with integration and functional test automation
- Experience with web testing frameworks (Test Studio, Cypress, Selenium WebDriver or others)
- Basic knowledge of C#, OOP
- Fundamental SQL knowledge
- Experience with version control systems (Git, TFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile processes (Scrum or others)
- Hands-on experience with bug-tracking and backlog systems (Azure DevOps, Jira or others)
- Very good written and spoken English
- Exceptional ability and eagerness to learn new skills (especially automated testing skills)
Here are some skills that would give you a major advantage but are in no case a must:
- Previous experience testing Angular and Single Page Applications (SPA) and related technologies ODATA, REST, HTML5.
- Knowledge of the basics of modern web technologies and protocols - HTML, HTTP
- Non-functional testing skills like performance, security, scalability
- Any repetitive tasks automation experience (PowerShell scripting or others)
- Automated configuration and deployment
- Automation of testing environments (virtualization)
- CI & CD experience
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
Аnd even more perks
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
But most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!