We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Program Manager for our OpenEdge product group in our Bedford location.
The Progress Core A Product Group is responsible for the Product Management Marketing, Engineering, Customer Support and Customer Success for the Core A portfolio of products. We partner closely with Sales, Professional Services, Marketing and all cross functional teams to ensure customer and business success. We operate in multiple locations in the US, Europe and India.
The portfolio consists a wide range of products and includes our OpenEdge Platform; DataDirect Connectivity and Integration technologies; Corticon Business Rules Platform; Sitefinity CMS and Digital Experience Platform; WhatsUpGold Network Monitoring and Management Solution and MOVEit Secure File Transfer. We offer on-premise and Cloud based solutions to large enterprises, software ISVs and OEMs. Together, these solutions deliver over $350M in annual revenue.
As a Program Manager for the Core A Product Group you will be focus on Product Release Management & Operations Projects related to the Product Group. Your responsibilities will include product release management within the product development programs, and operations management across the product teams. Our Program Managers are seen as expert facilitators, system thinkers, and drive all that comes with executing product planning and development and launch across all of our product lines. In this role you will work with individuals and teams to optimize the flow of work and continuously improve our system to support product development, release and launch activities. As an Agile Program Manager, you will serve as a change agent in the organization supporting a culture of continuous improvement and lean systems thinking.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Maintain and coordinate with master calendar of releases, launches and operational improvement projects to ensure adequate operational resources are available and development PI and launch schedules are coordinated with cross functional release teams.
- Participate in Core A cross functional Quarterly Planning Events, effectively coordinate activities and facilitate meetings to support ongoing product development efforts and communicate program status to business stakeholders on a regular cadence to keep them informed on progress and milestones.
- Review release-related documentation provided by divisions; identifies areas that need further exploration; facilitate meetings between engineering, product management, product marketing and appropriate sales and marketing functions to ensure teams are aligned and deliverables are on time for release readiness.
- Deep knowledge of Product Launch Process and cross functional dependencies and requirements. Ensure cross functional dependencies are well understood in the plan and managed throughout the product release cycle. Coordinate with the Release Train Engineers and other cross functional team members throughout the program increment cycle to ensure launch milestones are recognized and lead times considered. Strive to minimize dependencies when possible and help teams manage them as needed.
- Adept at consensus building and conflict management. Identify and solve problems and influence and affect change with cross functional teams responsible for launch activities.
- Oversee the implementation of multiple operational projects with internal teams and third-party vendors to ensure successful completion within appropriate budget guidelines and project timeline; work with product teams, release operations and cross functional teams to drive the release process and insure effective release cycles.
- Confirm completion of product development milestones and collaborate with operations analyst to determine readiness for market launch, ensuring delivery of well aligned, high value solutions through use of product life cycle and agile development methodologies
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Experience analyzing process, business systems and operational workflows to develop project requirements for operational improvement projects
- Expertise developing workflow diagrams and process documents that can be used for system analysis and training of process and workflows.
- Experience working with Agile management tools and managing scrum and Kanban workflows with these tools to help teams of teams plan and deliver effectively while understanding the right metrics to track for the process.
- Familiarity in developing and overseeing KPIs for product teams regarding industry leading benchmarks and internal control limits to gauge and improve on process and system performance
- Ability to establish and review set of analytics and dashboards that provide overview of status and progress of initiatives across the product value stream.
- Ability to communicate program status to stakeholders and facilitate standard cross functional meeting cadence to track status and assure alignment to meeting key milestones and launch dates.
- Experience educating other functions on operational release requirements and schedules to ensure cross functional teams receive appropriate deliverables and are on target for related release activities.
- The ability to successfully facilitate team exercises in a room of 5 to 400 to get the outcomes needed.
- Experience deploying and executing agile development approaches. Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a positive.
- 5+ years’ experience in software program management or closely related roles in a SaaS product environment.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!