We’re Progress – we offer leading solutions for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group as a Professional Services Senior Consultant in Bangalore.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
As a Professional Services (PS) Consultant with us, you will help drive the adoption of Chef products and practices, and enable our customers’ transformation to more agile IT. You need to be a highly experienced practitioner in the area of DevOps, infrastructure, and application automation solutions. Not only are you a Chef domain practitioner, but also a change agent to help customers get better in DevOps, Cloud Native, and effortless infrastructure. You will frequently act as the face of Chef, whether in online communities, with customers, or at conferences and online gatherings and your leading duty will be the completion of both on-site and remote customer projects, including installations, assessments, migrations, consultations, and training.
Please note, this position requires completion of a clean background check upon hire and on a yearly basis. Other customer-specific requirements (i.e. drug testing) may be required for certain engagements.
What you’ll do:
- Provide engineering and consulting services in the use of Chef’s products, such as on-site customer installations, Chef training, cookbook development and usage, and development of custom code for customer migration or implementation.
- Train groups and individuals on how to use Chef products for IT automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery, and evaluate such training to ensure that training is effective, using feedback and testing to continually improve the systems used.
- Deliver customer feedback to the Product Team, thereby influencing the product roadmap
- Work within the Solutions Engineering team in the development of specific cookbooks or other Chef use cases to further build out the body of Chef knowledge in the Community.
- Develop and deliver excellent presentations on what Chef products can do, tailoring such presentations toward specific individuals; small or large organizations; or audiences at technology conferences or trade shows. Presentations may be live or online, and the PS Consultant articulates, with customers or potential customers, the advantages of system automation and the specific Chef advantage
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing provider industries.
- Periodically collaborate with other teams such as Marketing, Support, and Sales to provide technical assistance and content where applicable
- Document services provided to customers, including new code, techniques, and processes, in such a way as to make such services more efficient in the future and to add to the Chef Community. Work with the Engineering and Customer Success teams to supply documentation for Chef products.
- Use social networks, online and otherwise, in a creative, significant way to reach a large audience of users and build our community
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Experience in design and implementation of Chef or similar solutions
- Experience in the design and implementation of DevOps and automated configuration management tools and principles.
- Experience as a consultant or in professional services is preferred
- Ability to work directly with customers, and with a commitment to their success
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a compelling and engaging presentation style that exudes confidence — significant training experience a huge plus
- Experience in dynamic / scripting programming languages and Infrastructure Automation tools. Experience in training others in complex tasks and skills
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field/experience
- Must be willing to work in US EST/PST time zones
If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity, and paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans