We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Professional Service Operational Analyst in Rotterdam.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, Financial Planning & Operations (FP&O) this interim position (covering for maternity leave) holds key responsibilities for the financial administration of the EMEA & APJ Professional Services (PS) organization and acts as a Finance business partner to the Director, Professional Services EMEA & APJ.
As a Professional Service Operational Analyst, you will play a pivotal role between our Professional Services Consultants, our subcontractors, the Professional Services management, the financial departments, and Finance management to maintain and control the financial administration system regarding time and expense tracking and billing. In addition, you will be partnering with the Professional Service management to provide insight-full financial reports, guidance, and analysis to support revenue forecasting and financial performance analysis.
You will be also expected to contribute to the overall operations/directions of the EMEA & APJ FP&O department, upon request. What you'll do:
What you need to have:
- Create/maintain EasyTrack (time & expense tracking and billing system) on Projects and assigned resources to enable Consultants can book their timesheets
- Communicate with Consultants and subcontractors to make sure they timely fill all time/expenses weekly
- Notify Services Department on upcoming project extensions, increases in PO’s, etc.
- Process invoices through EasyTrack and other systems (QAD/EE)
- Process E-Learning & rev recognition through EasyTrack
- Deliver input on actual bookings to Services Department to maintain the Professional Services Forecast overview
- Maintain/submit Professional Service Billings and Revenue forecast in Oracle Financials
- Create and analyze utilization, margins, and P&L reports
- Contribute to quarterly business reviews
- Assist in responding to queries from Auditors on Professional Services activities
- Financial reconciliation EasyTrack and other financial systems and reports/order management systems
- Expenses forecasting subcontractors to the accounting team
- Reconciliation subcontractor expense (accruals vs invoices received/expected), in close alignment with accounting
- Metrics and financial reporting out of EasyTrack and other financial systems
- Assist project managers with any queries
- Revenue accrual forecasting consultants & subcontractors to the accounting team
- Reconcile contractor invoices from Expense declaration system with EasyTrack
- Reconcile expenses from consultants on projects
- (Ad Hoc) reporting to provide insightfull financial reports, guidance, and analysis to support billings and revenue forecasting and financial performance analysis
- 3-7 years generalist finance, accounting, and/or business operations experience in an international environment but also related experience in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving business environment.
- Preferred experience in the ICT industry for a wide breadth of knowledge of Software Industry Models & related business issues and industry trends
- HBO or university degree, preferred in Accounting, Economics and/or Management & Organization
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are essential due to the international environment
- Experience and knowledge in corporate financial applications is required but also knowledge/experience on ERP systems and Business Analysis/Intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau and Oracle Financials)
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction by management Extremely detailed oriented goal-focused, organized, and able to consistently meet or exceed deadlines
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!