Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Product Marketing Specialist, Senior, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
In this role, you'll be part of the Progress Application and Data Platform Product (ADP) Marketing team. You will focus on the Progress MarkLogic, DataDirect, and OpenEdge product lines and define the WHO, the WHY, and the HOW, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. In addition, you will work closely with the product management, global field marketing, and sales team to execute a winning GTM strategy, partner with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), and sell to enterprise organizations.
Your Focus Area:
- GTM Strategy: Evolve the overall business GTM strategy for our Application and Data Platform products, working with cross-functional teams to set, monitor and achieve financial and market share objectives. This includes market segmentation, persona definition, channel strategy, pricing promotions, and other standard GTM initiatives.
- Messaging & Positioning: Create differentiated product positioning and messaging, value props, use cases, and associated content to be leveraged globally by sales, marketing, and partners for products and services.
- Content Strategy: Build a content strategy that supports the buyer's journey, nurtures technology adoption, and increases brand loyalty of the existing base. Partner with key stakeholders to develop and deliver: web content, product overviews, ebooks, how-tos, case studies, videos, and more.
- Enablement: Become a subject matter expert across each of the ADP products to reframe marketing messaging to a one-to-one sales conversation that supports positioning and objection handling through live presentations, online learning tools, playbooks, sales decks, tools to support the global sales teams and ISV/consulting channel.
- Product Launch: Define and drive the GTM launch for all new product releases project managing through critical stakeholders and cross-functional team
- Market Intelligence: Be the expert on your buyer personas, how they buy, buying criteria, competition, and how to win
- Support Global Demand Gen: Collaborate on winning marketing plan and support marketing campaign efforts (e.g., channel marketing, events, webinars, AR/PR, social, blogs, etc.)
- Market Requirements Analysis: Provide product management with market dynamics and prioritized customer needs to help shape the product roadmap
- Extensive content and product marketing experience within the technology space
- Willingness to travel globally 25%
- BS or BA in IT, communications, or tech-centric degrees, or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for MBA though not required to have it
- Willingness to learn how to create a standard GTM strategy plan with proven results effectively
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a high comfort level speaking on webinars, conferences, and industry events
- Demonstrated history of effective pitch decks, sales plays, and marketing messaging for blogs, social media, and emails.
- Critical thinking to help with the analysis of business, market, and competitive trends
- Self-motivated, inquisitive about the market and emerging trends, and an ability to carefully listen to and act on customer insight
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders across diverse backgrounds
We'd be happy to chat if this sounds like you and fits your experience and career goals. What we offer in return is the opportunity to experience a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and also to enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym onsite
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
Аnd even more perks
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly, great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!