We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work, and we care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Marketing Manager working out of your home office in the United States. Due to team location, those in EST, CST, or MST zones are ideal.
Progress has strengthened its portfolio of software products that help businesses develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications. Our products provide infrastructure and performance monitoring and full control over the user application experience, helping thousands of global organizations to differentiate themselves through an exceptional customer experience.
You’ll be part of the Progress Product Strategy team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Product Marketing for the Application Experience product portfolio. You will focus on the WhatsUp Gold product line in a strategic role that defines the WHO, WHY and HOW of your product(s) within the market, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with other product functions, global field marketing and sales team in defining and executing a winning GTM strategy selling to enterprise organizations and through a global network of resellers and distributors. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- GTM Strategy: Develop and drive the WhatsUp Gold market strategy, working with cross-functional teams to monitor and achieve financial and market share objectives. This includes market segmentation, persona development, content development and management, channel program support, pricing promotions, and other standard GTM initiatives.
- Market Intelligence: Interpret and provide insight into market dynamics, competitive landscape, and buyer personas for effective marketing and selling strategies.
- Market Requirements Analysis: Partner with product management to deliver competitive product requirements that influence and shape the product roadmap.
- Product Launch: Drive launch deliverables and manage key stakeholders to drive excitement and adoption of all new product releases.
- Content Management: Develop content strategy and manage a cross-functional team to ensure the timely and effective development of content that best supports the buyer’s journey, nurtures technology adoption and increases brand loyalty of the existing base.
- Enablement: Be an infrastructure monitoring subject matter expert. You can reframe marketing messaging to a one-to-one sales conversation that supports positioning and objection handling through live presentations, online learning tools, playbooks, sales decks, tools to support the global sales teams and channel.
- Support Global Demand Gen and Corporate Communications: Collaborate on a winning marketing plan and support marketing campaign efforts (e.g., channel marketing, events, webinars, social, blogs, etc.). Be the primary contact and advocate for the product with analysts and press.
- Insatiable curiosity
- Extensive experience in B2B Product Marketing and experience in the data center networking space with strong understanding of the challenges of infrastructure and operations personas
- Demonstrated history of creating competitive GTM strategies with proven results within the infrastructure and operations management space or adjacent market/technology
- Ability to apply deep understanding of market and competitive landscape to determine best market fit through analysis and comprehensive research
- Experience acting as key subject matter expert with top tier analysts, press, customers, partners, and internal sales teams
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills with high comfort level speaking on webinars, conferences and industry events
- Demonstrated history of developing effective pitch decks, sales plays and marketing messaging to support GTM activity
- Self-motivated, inquisitive about the market and emerging trends and an ability to carefully listen to and act on customer feedback and key market indicators
- Ability to influence and manage within multi-product, matrixed organization
- Technical understanding of enterprise networking, applications, and cloud concepts
- Understanding of direct and multi-tier distribution models a plus
- BS/BA in IT, communications, or tech-centric degrees ideal, MBA a plus
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.