Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Product Marketing Manager in our DevTools team, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
The Product Marketing Manager possesses a unique blend of experience in the software industry, business and technical skills, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The right candidate will be passionate about spending time in the market to understand its problems and find innovative solutions for the broader markets that Progress intends to capture. An energetic, strategic thinker with a bias towards action and results will enjoy a successful career on our product marketing team.This is what you would be doing most of the time:
To be successful in this role you shall have:
- Own the GTM strategy for priority product lines, both existing and new, and understands how they contribute to the overall portfolio strategy.
- Own customer insight programs to uncover requirements and market data that will help guide product management efforts and customize the message for each particular audience
- Own product positioning and messaging on public-facing properties such as websites
- Create and evangelize the market strategy to customers, partners, staff, analysts and press
- Enable cross-functional teams with the knowledge and tools they need to execute strategies
- Measure the effectiveness of product marketing programs and own the customer acquisition funnel
- Deliver thought-leadership content via industry events, blogs, videos and other outlets for both individual product lines and the portfolio.
- Create compelling presentations and strategies to enable the Progress sales team to be more productive
- Analyze and refine the customer journey to best match buyer personas and their preferred purchasing processes
- Lead cross-functional projects and sometimes teams to drive towards business unit results.
- Oversees marketing release cycles for owned products.
- Have fun with a great group of people
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English and an ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences, e.g. technical developers, less technical marketing managers, and external customer/partner audiences
- The ability to use product marketing best practices to improve both internal processes and external offerings, sometimes leading teams and initiatives
- Experience in working with marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Eloqua, Mailchimp, Salesforce and alike
- Solid understanding of the web application development market, trends and competitors. Knowledge of the .NET market is a plus.
- Profound marketing knowledge – strategic planning, gathering and using market data to evaluate new markets, personas, creation of GTM strategies, competitive strategies (blue ocean tactics), consumer insights marketing
- Evidence of leadership capabilities for both a direct team and virtual teams that deliver high impact, creative and innovative results to drive the company’s top line growth
- Ability to self-motivate with very little guidance
- Demonstrated results working in a medium-size company evidencing the ability to collaborate and execute with other senior functional heads
- Ability to travel for conferences and customer visits when needed
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with energy and enthusiasm, we want to hear from you.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and also to enjoy:Compensation
Vacation, Family, and Health
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones