We're Progress and we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Manager for Core C (Chef Business line) in United states (remote is an option).
With our Chef product group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day are built, deployed, secured, and run with our technologies.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for building products that are easy to deploy.
- Provides core functionality that enables other teams here at Progress to deliver high impact features.
- Helps the team determine the next most valuable thing to deliver informed by your understanding of our customers and the market.
- Understand our market and competitors
- Help define the vision and strategy for the next-generation automation stack
- Research, understand and represent the voice of the customer through frequent interactions with customers and the field
- Work closely with others at Progress GroupC: engineering, documentation, marketing, sales, and customer experience
- Break down complex problems into steps that drive iterative product development
- Be accountable for building the right product features to support business goals, strategy, and excite customers
- Developing a product strategy that aligns with Progress broader mission and strategy, drawing from deep customer insights, data, and research
- Lead cross-functional and full-stack teams of engineers and UX designers to deliver new features that contribute to joint goals and initiatives
- Partner and collaborate effectively on joint initiatives across product, marketing, operations, sales, and engineering
- Clearly communicate product plans, strategy, and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from senior leadership to all Progress employees and customers
- Define, refine, and prioritize epics and stories while working in a fast-paced lean/agile environment as part of a larger product team working on joint initiatives and epics
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Knowledge building Cloud Infrastructure or PaaS products OR Knowledge building maintaining private/public cloud infrastructure (desirable but not mandatory)
- Experience building products created for Developers (ex: AWS/Azure/GCP, API based large enterprise products, Data/Analytics products)
- Has been a developer in one or more of these categories - API/SaaS/PaaS/IaaS/DevOps/Web full-stack
- Has functional knowledge of one of the cloud service provides – AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform (GCP)/Oracle Cloud
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.