We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s digital experiences quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work, and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Manager with the WhatsUp Gold team, working in our Alpharetta, GA office. JOB SUMMARY:
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Product team, reporting to the Director of Product Management. You will focus on the WhatsUp Gold product line. This is a strategic role that defines the WHAT and the WHY of your product, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with your engineering and global sales team in executing a winning strategy that connects the best product with the customer who need it. WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Operate with agile processes, and making data-driven decisions in order to build a winning strategy
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into compelling and successful product initiatives
- Decompose large problems into consumable use-cases that can be developed by the engineering team
- Assess competition and alternative solutions to articulate distinct competencies, differentiation, and to identify opportunities
- Own the strategic product initiatives, understand viable market windows, MVP priorities, and ensure seamless hand-off to the development teams and user experience designers. Work with them continuously to clarify business requirements and assess release risks
- Analyze past performance to determine areas of focus vs. defocus, and refine go-to-market strategies to maximize potential returns on invested capital
- Manage a clearly communicated lifecycle policy for existing offerings
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, features, differentiation, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market
- Assist Marketing with thought leadership content, persona definitions, strategic direction, and other necessary information
- Manage inbound technology partnerships that form the complete offering
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced Product Management role in software, preferably with Network Performance Monitoring or Application Performance Monitoring solutions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts including TCP/IP, system and network adminstration, firewalls, and other relevant areas
- Empathy for the user personas of these products, and an understanding of how to translate user needs into feature stories
- Track record of successfully applying Agile principles, with a strong working knowledge of defining user personas, building prototypes, and gathering market/user validation.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and approach to the offering
- Willing to travel up to 15% internationally and domestic
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off. Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!