We are on the lookout for a skilled Senior Product Manager to join our Sitefinity CMS team based in Sofia.
Sitefinity is an ASP.NET CMS delivering power without the complications. Designed with both usability and extensibility in mind, Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it’s built on a cutting-edge code-base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long-term needs of today’s businesses, including tackling the fast-paced world of mobile.
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Product team, reporting to the VP of Product Management. You will focus on the Sitefinity product line. This is a strategic role that defines the WHAT and the WHY of your product, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with your co-located engineering team and global sales team in executing a winning strategy that connects the best product with the customer who need it. You will also be a strategic advisor to our network of implementation partners, listening to and addressing their needs as they sell and implement Sitefinity in sites around the world.
About the Role
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into compelling and successful product initiatives
- Assess competition and alternative solutions to articulate distinct competencies, differentiation, and to identify opportunities
- Own strategic product initiatives, understand viable market windows and MVP priorities, and ensure seamless hand-off to the development teams and user experience designers. Work with them continuously to clarify business requirements and asses release risks
- Determine product pricing and licensing policies that will lead to market success, competitive disruption, and revenue maximization
- Analyze past performance to determine areas of investment, and refine go-to-market strategies
- Launch new initiatives and manage wind-down processes for legacy offerings
- Create revenue and growth projections for your product, including new initiatives, perpetual to subscription licensing shifts, renewal rates and churn, n-tiered distribution, and so forth
- Manage the versioning and lifecycle policies for your product
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, differentiation, market strategies, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market
- Assist marketing with thought leadership content, persona definitions, strategic direction, and other necessary information
- Assist the sales team with opportunities, non-standard contracts, pricing and discounting, and whatever necessary to win deals
- Manage inbound technology partnerships that form the complete offering
- Travel up to 25% internationally
- Hands-on experience in a fast-pace Product Management role in software, preferably with Content Management Systems
- Passion for software development done right and experience as a software engineer within a development team. You can understand a developer explaining a technical issue and explain it to a non-technical audience.
- Familiarity with on-premises and SaaS pricing/licensing strategies
- Understanding of the benefits and principles of the Scrum methodology
- Track record of successfully applying Agile principles, with a strong working knowledge of defining user personas, building prototypes, and gathering user validation to ultimately “fail fast” and adjust the direction
- Engaging presenter with excellent communication skills
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now. We would be happy to tell you more about the role.