Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Product Manager for our MOVEit product group
in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
You will serve as the customer proxy to the Agile software development teams. Working as part of the Product Management Team, they translate product vision and strategy into a well-defined and prioritized backlog of user stories, where each story captures the specific ‘job to be done’ and the problem a user persona has in achieving completion of that job. It also quantifies the business value and specific acceptance criteria associated with this user story. You will work with the team to help understand the use cases and secure real customer validation leading to successful products that customers love and adopt fast. Ultimately, you will be responsible for driving the maximum value produced by each of the Agile teams they work with while leveraging the principles of the Agile Manifesto.
What you will do:
- Translate product strategy and vision to the development teams to ensure we build the right products for the dynamic market opportunities
- Work closely with other product managers to identify new customer pain points and champion solutions that improve value customers derive from the product.
- Act as the voice of the customer to the Agile teams, drafting the specific objectives for the upcoming Program Increments (PI) and Agile sprints. Work with the team to decompose Agile epics into user stories and provides clarity on scope to aid the team with design and effort estimates.
- Own the backlog for the Agile teams to ensure the proper sequencing of backlog items based on program priorities, events, technological implications, outcomes of PI and Sprints and dependencies with other teams.
- Ensure that our end-to-end processes encompass not just building great products, but on driving successful adoption and customer success, leading to revenue, value creation, and employee satisfaction.
- Translate the needs of the market and customers into product initiatives
- Launch new initiatives and manage wind-down processes for legacy offerings
- Collaborate with the marketing team on creation and execution of go to market plan, persona definition, and product acquisition funnel
- Assist the sales team with opportunities, non-standard contracts, pricing, and discounting, and whatever necessary to win deals
- Collaborate with engineering and UX on roadmap execution
- Analyze the customer journey on the website and the product and make optimizations
- Analyze trends and identify market opportunities
- Create competitors’ assessment and market positioning
- Solid Software Product Management experience - created and maintained a wide variety of deliverables for your assigned product, including business model (or lean) canvases, product opportunity assessments, high fidelity prototypes, product vision and short/long-term roadmap documents, marketing release snapshots, marketplace/competitors’ analysis/overview documents
- Knowledge of the software applications development lifecycle
- Ability to seek out multiple opinions, yet make decisions and influence positive outcomes
- A keen eye for good user interfaces and product usability
- Fluent English, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Engaging presenter
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM SAFe® 5)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Pragmatic Marketing training