In this role you will:
· Demonstrate ability to handle large number of cases efficiently and effectively
· Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects
· Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues of highest complexity involving 3rd party products using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums.
· Run customer test cases when available, and develop test cases and examples as required to resolve problems, using methodical testing to isolate and identify problems
· Manage difficult customers and customer expectations effectively and professionally
· Escalate issues to management or other team members
· Document product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems. Provide Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
· Demonstrate and apply good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles, code libraries)
· Act as a source of knowledge and develop other team members by mentoring new hires and junior TSEs, providing constructive feedback on training needs, deliver knowledge in the form of presentations and technical documents. Actively participate in forums, respond to technical questions, share product knowledge with colleagues
· Must be an organization champion by showing corporate interest, superior adaptability and independence as well as demonstrate mastery in approaching technical and procedural questions
· Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English language
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems with 6-9 years’ experience, or MS with 5-8 years’ experience, or equivalent experience or degree
· Solid programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to details
· Knowledge/experience with C, C++, Java , development IDEs such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc
· Operating systems: Windows, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, HP, IBM z/OS
· Knowledge of Applications Servers (BEA, IBM, JBoss, Oracle), XML, HTTP, SSL, HTTP/S, TCP protocols.
· Strong Customer Support Experience.
· Familiarity preferred but not essential: Perl, Kerberos, SSL, TCP protocols, SOAP, REST, IIS, Virtualization (VMWare preferred)