We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/Chef Product Group as a Principal Software Engineer Bangalore, India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of a 6 years of team-based software development experience
- You have demonstrable software development skills in the Ruby language
- You have deep experience with Windows, Linux, and optionally macOS systems
- You have experience with Cloud providers/technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vSphere
- You must be excited to dive in and learn new things
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought - we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
- You enjoy collaborating closely with customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues, and solve their problems
- Experience as a systems administrator is a huge plus
- Experience with Containers technologies such as Docker a plus
- Experience with Chef Infra or other configuration management tools a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Develop critical features and fixes on a diverse portfolio of products
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders of the project including product management to estimate and prioritize work
- Work to improve integrations with various cloud, container, and hypervisor technologies
- Build testing pipelines to validate software changes in complex environments
- Work with the community of contributors to improve contributions from outside the company
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!