About the Team:
OpenEdge (PDSOE) team is responsible for the complete development of a platform built on top of Eclipse to provide high productivity tools for Advanced Business Language (ABL) developers including all advanced editing capabilities and customization as well integration with other Progress products. As a Principal Engineer I, you will be working in Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge thereby connecting with the ABL Developer community and collaborating towards the extensive product development.
· Solid programming fundamentals and skills in Java technologies.
· Hands on experience in Java with Collections, Class Loading, Multithreading, Java API’s, Java I/O Management, Reflection & Open source technologies.
· Good exposure in Data Structures & Oops Concepts.
· Strong debugging skills & Analytical skills.
· Strong understanding of dev lifecycle and designing skills.
· Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams such as Product Management, Quality Assurance, Documentation and the like.
· Passion, enthusiasm for technology and solutions as well self-driven.
· Deep understanding of required technology, design patterns and data structures.
· Proficiency with multiple OS.
· Experience in leading small sized team towards a goal.
· Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.