Responsible for porting the existing Progress products on to new the platforms (platform here refers to a combination of Operating system/databases)
- Responsible for doing refactoring of the code base to isolate native calls
- Responsible for configuring and deploying the Progress products
- Certify new platforms and ensure product works on new platform and do necessary development to make that happen.
- Own the delivery of certification, porting and bug fixing on the new platforms which are in scope
- Work closely with the other teams to extend the support of Progress products to new platforms
- Coding and porting experience for C, C++ and .Net products.
- Experience of developing and refactoring code for products in Unix/Windows environment
-Experience in analyzing and debugging the issues using appropriate tools and providing the fixes
- Strong Development methodology
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Good communication skills