We are looking for Principal Software Engineer I. This position requires the candidate to have extensive knowledge and experience in C/C++ to design, build, and support complex product features and components.
About the product :
Data Connectivity Products team builds DataDirect Connectors that provide high-performing JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET and, OData data connectivity solutions for Relational, Big Data, and SaaS data sources
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Work in a dynamic agile environment and be dedicated to getting the job done.
- Perform analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of DataDirect products.
- Participate in architectural review and design, and code contribution.
- Ensure that design and implementation meet high quality standards
- Work with Multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Unix, and MacOS.
- Multiple database management systems (Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2; NoSQL/BigData databases such as Hive and Mongo; and Cloud sources such as Salesforce and Eloqua).
- Security protocols such as Kerberos, SSL, OAuth, and SAML.
- APIs such as REST and/or SOAP.
- Engineering tools such as GitHub, Perforce, TeamCity, Collaborator, Sonarqube, and Purify.
- Code analysis tools such as Veracode, PREfast, and AppScan
- BTech/MTech degree in Computer Science or equivalent foundational experience.
- Practical project experience in software system design and testing.
- At least 7 years of experience in C/C++. Experience in Java will have an added advantage.
- Experience of working with data structures, algorithms, and API design, ,
- Experience of working on both Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Progress is proud to be an equal opportunity employer !!