About the Team: The Data Connectivity Products team builds DataDirect Connectors that provide high-performing JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET and, OData data connectivity solutions for Relational, Big Data, and SaaS data sources. Analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of DataDirect products is also performed.
The role of Principal Software Engineer I demands extensive knowledge and experience in Java to design, build, and support complex product features and components.
As a Principal Engineer I, you will
- Participate in architectural review and design, and code contribution.
- Ensure that the design and implementation meet high-quality standards.
- Work with multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Unix, and MacOS.
- Work on multiple database management systems (Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2; NoSQL/BigData databases such as Hive and Mongo; and Cloud sources such as Salesforce and Eloqua).
- Work on security protocols such as Kerberos, SSL, OAuth, and SAML.
- Work on APIs such as REST and/or SOAP.
- Handle engineering tools such as GitHub, Perforce, TeamCity, Collaborator, Sonarqube, and Purify.
- Utilize code analysis tools such as Veracode, PREfast, and AppScan
The ideal candidate is required to hold:
- B. Tech / M. Tech degree in Computer Science or equivalent foundational experience.
- Practical project experience in software system design and testing.
- At least seven years of experience in C/C++.
- Experience in java have an added advantage.
- Experience of working with data structures, algorithms, and API design.
- Experience of working on both Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Progress is proud to be an equal opportunity employer