We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Principal Editor for the Content and Product Services (CAPS) team in our Hyderabad location.
The ideal candidate will Serve as the Quality Champion of the Content and Product Services (CAPS) team and:
- Ensure all content created by global Information Developers adheres to documented standards for structure and writing quality.
- Define, maintain, and communicate the Progress Standards and Style Guide to the global team.
- Integrate multiple Style Guides into a unified solution to support Core A products, and champion consistency across the product set.
- Provide developmental and copy edits, and serve as writing coach for all Progress Information Developers in the US, India, and Bulgaria.
- Lead and coach Information Developers in delivering information that is clear, searchable, and structured (Concept, Task, Reference, and Enablement topics ) via writing seminars or facilitated writing exercises.
- Define and track quality metrics; communicate progress/issues back to CAPS management team.
- Identify writing skills gaps; proactively develop, implement, and track mitigation plans to solve quality problems.
- Validate HTML presentation of topics on the Progress Information Hub.
- Define writing rules in an online editing tool and maintain the rules for future growth; provide training and support to the Information Developers.
- Evaluate the writing skills of acquired team members; define a plan to upskill team members to Progress standards and practices, as necessary.
- Apply technical capacity to edit content across the Core A product suite, and demonstrate market awareness to edit content in a variety of formats (video, tutorial, courseware).
- Simplify technical documentation for non-technical audiences.
- Support editing requests across the organization, including but not limited to, Senior Management, Product Managers, Product Marketing, and Development team leaders to ensure content meets company standards, quality, voice, and best practices.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Extensive technical writing and/or editing experience, and demonstrable experience editing topic-based authoring and principles of minimalism.
- An undergraduate degree in English or technology-focused field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and mastery of the structure and content of the English language, including the rules of composition and grammar.
- Proven experience in editing against both the Chicago Manual of Style and the Microsoft Manual of Style.
- Experience authoring in DITA and Markdown, and working with Content Management Systems. Ixiasoft Content Management System experience is preferred.
- Familiar with XML authoring software. Oxygen experience is preferred.
- Experience in implementing and managing an online editing tool across an enterprise. Congree experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in online editing tools such as Adobe Reader.
- Familiarity with HTML presentation of content.
- Technical expertise in middleware (database, application server, and programming languages) is highly desirable.
- Driven, enthusiastic, eager, resourceful, and collaborative (especially with multi-cultural teams across the globe and time zone flexibility).
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, we make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!