We're Progress – We offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Principal Content Strategist in the Core C product group in Bangalore to work on Chef, one of the top 3 enterprise products in DevOps & DevSecOps space.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. Our platform is used to enable billions of people worldwide to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are, the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Progress Software's Chef business is looking for a Principal Content Specialist to play a lead role in understanding engagement with customers and prospects using scalable channels. Chef, a pioneer in the DevSecOps space, was acquired by Progress in October of 2020, and we are excited to continue building market momentum.
We are data-driven in everything we do: we carefully test and measure all of our communications, running dozens of tests at any point in time. You will help run multiple engagement, upsell, cross-sell, and education campaigns every year across web, email, direct mail, social, and in-product. You will understand the target audience and their pain points, then link Chef's unique value proposition and competitive differentiators to position us for market growth.
- Perform exhaustive research to gain in-depth knowledge of all customer personas
- Create and maintain a content strategy, identify the proper types and channels, and repackage and reuse existing and planned content.
- Create specifications and content appropriate for Chef's customer personas
- Strategizing content pillars and sub pillars
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar by the topic, audience, type, and channel (including but not limited to: blog, podcast, video, demand gen and social channels, executive comms calendar).
- Source content from SMEs in the company, ecosystem for an edcal-by-persona structure.
- Create and manage "top of funnel" and demand gen assets from core messaging and assets
- Collaborating with content management teams, creative teams, and writers to implement the strategy
- Overseeing writing style and tone for all content
- Developing content governance guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all content and ensuring they are followed
- Conducting periodic content audits
- Tracking and calculating content ROI
- Ensuring that content strategy meets business objectives
- Strategizing and improving content delivery and promotion
- Analyzing content marketing strategy to evaluate whether it's working or not.
- Strong understanding of digital content and channels: web, paid media, social media, demand gen, exec bylines, and contributed content.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- An understanding of basic on-prem server and cloud technologies.
- An understanding of how to manage contractor and agency relationships.
- An ability to work and communicate across departments.
- Experience working with leadership teams on why quality content matters and how it affects the business.
- Communications, Engineering, or developer-related education
- 6-9 years of technology or agency experience in a digital content-related role
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans