We are looking for an exceptional, experienced person to join our growing Engineering Services team. As a Principal Consultant you will partner with customers and assist them with the deployment of our Progress products and solutions, and to ensure our products effectively address the customers’ real market needs and align with their expectations. If you are passionate about working with customers to help them to be successful, while working with the best technology, we want to hear from you!
About Project Garage:
The Project Garage initiative is designed to work with customers who are looking to solve a specific business problem, and to collaborate with Progress in identify and building solutions or applications to address their immediate business problem. The goal of the Project Garage will be to ensure Progress products effectively address real market needs and align with customers’ and partners expectations. Also, to build stronger relationships by empowering and mentoring our customers to build solutions using Progress technologies, while building best practices, uses cases and references to communicate to the broader Progress community.
About the Team:
You will be part of the Engineering Services (SWAT) team reporting to the Director, Engineering Services. You will focus primarily on Progress OpenEdge and Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PASOE). This is a strategic role that will allow you to focus on creating solution architectures with customers by providing the opportunity to brainstorm and gain clarity and guidance in solving a recurring problem in the marketplace using Progress technology, hybrid solutions, or possibly open-source. Through this type of engagement, you will also address business needs Progress technology does not currently solve today, and will also work closely with customers who wish to have access to an advantageous new product or technology in exchange for helping to validate new use cases. You will also act as a solution architect for high-value, high-impact client projects using the latest features of the Progress product lines, to bring additional context and customer insight to the engineering group, aiding in various aspects from product features to best practices. You will work directly with select customers to help them overcome technical challenges when implementing Progress products and solutions in untested or unique configurations, and to validate our product(s) does what it was intended to do in addressing customer real-world business needs and use-cases.
About the Role:
- Participate in translating business needs to technical requirements and present technology solutions in a business context.
- Provide hands-on technical implementation support including documented discovery, solution validation, and actions to advance and address a customer’s real-world business need.
- Assist with hands-on implementation, testing of products and solutions with customers.
- Assist with hands-on building of content and best practices as needed for newly developed solutions and products to be delivered to the rest of the Progress community.
- Ability to position PASOE and other Progress solutions, in addition to having an area of expertise within the Progress Software ecosystem.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance throughout the customer engagement.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively interact with Progress customers and partners.
- Previous background in a technical, customer-oriented position is required.
- 10+ years hands on experience with debug tools, good debugging and technical analysis skills in a customer facing role.
- Outstanding presentation skills and experience in the delivery of complex technically-oriented presentations.
- Strong knowledge on MS Windows and UNIX/Linux Operating systems, Windows security architecture, and systems Interoperability.
- Experience setting up environments using Virtualization a PLUS.
- Experience working in customer environments with multiple operating systems.
- Experience with cloud server platforms, SaaS environments, and scalable architectures a PLUS.
- Strong experience with automation using one or more tools/scripting languages, i.e. ABL (OpenEdge Advanced Business Language) a PLUS.
- Working knowledge of other Progress Software products a PLUS.
- Ability to solve technical problems proactively and independently.
- Ability to work closely with different cross-functional teams and influence development activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and/or track with multiple projects.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!