PROGRESS offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost compared to other technologies. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application, the flexibility of a serverless cloud to deploy modern apps, business rules, web content management, plus leading data connectivity technology. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and 2 million developers rely on PROGRESS to power their applications.
Interested to be part of a strong growth company helping our customers and partners to be successful?
Ready to work with very talented people in a highly innovative application environment?
To strengthen our growth path, we are looking for a Principal Consultant/Architect to join our Professional Services team. In this role, you will engage with our key customers and partners and provide technical expertise in the German-speaking region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Working on architectural designs and high-end consultancy activities you will be a key person in the customer and PROGRESS success stories.
Please note that whilst ideally, we are looking for someone to be based in our Cologne office, Work from Home is also an option for the right candidate.
You will help our customers on their innovation journey by:
- Leading consulting engagements from scoping to final deployment
- Work on preparation and deployment of all necessary technical project steps
- Motivate and train customer staff to increase their skills supporting project milestones
- Support project deliverables including hands-on coding exercises
- Implement methodologies, design patterns, consulting component libraries and toolsets for use in packaged consulting programs
- Work closely with our framework providers towards successful implementation
- Advise on implementation, testing and process improvement
- Following PROGRESS technology evolutions working closely to our Product Mgt and Engineering teams
You are our ideal candidate if:
- You love to work on software projects based on customer requirements and design elements
- You have a track record of technically leading and developing software projects
- You look forward to helping our customers identify the appropriate technologies, architecture and software design
- You are great at translating business needs into technical requirements
- You are able to present technology solutions in a business context
- Have good interpersonal and presentation skills to swiftly interact with customers and partners
- You can work independently and pro-actively and have a result-driven attitude
- Be familiar with the principles of
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Functional & Technical design principles
- Agile development
- Continuous Integration
- Business Processes and Business Rules
- Have an Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Some awareness of the PROGRESS products is definitely a plus but not mandatory
- Have native German and excellent English language skills
- You are comfortable with frequent travel
Working at PROGRESS means being part of a family, of a passionate team with a widely spread customer base in many different industries, of a team with a joint mission to ensure successful implementations of PROGRESS technologies, of an environment where personal and professional growth is encouraged and highly valued ... where every day we work hard but never forget to have fun in what we do!
We truly look forward to receiving your application!