We have an excellent opportunity for an extroverted, high-energy individual who enjoys thinking on their feet and isn’t afraid to talk to developers, marketers and strategic business owners alike, to join us as an Inside PreSales Engineer.
In your role you will support the sales team by understanding customer technical needs, their architectures and development practices, and by providing thought-leadership advice to support them as they move their business critical applications through modernisation efforts and the adoption of cutting-edge technical trends such as mobile development, modern web user interfaces, chatbots, IoT, SaaS, GDPR, Security and advanced application architectures and development practices.
Some of the activities you will perform include:
- Understanding, documenting and developing strategic plans for our customers' existing applications built on OpenEdge, their architectures, skill sets and development practices
- Work on Proof-Of-Concepts, working collaboratively with your peers and Product Development teams
- Building customized product demonstrations based on customers' specific needs including leading edge tech such as mobile, web, IoT and Chatbots
- Crafting and delivering online webinars and technical blog writing
- Providing technical guidance to the Sales team and customers throughout the sales cycle
- Identifying customers’ technical challenges and needs to design a customized selling strategy
- Working with clients to identify problems and suggest appropriate corrective measures in existing installations, to help identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Positioning all Progress products and services throughout the sales cycle based on customer need
- Providing customers with up to date information about product roadmaps and working with Product Management to be the "voice of the customer"
- Building your own personal training plan to facilitate ongoing personal growth and professional development to enhance your own skills and marketability
- Cover multinational companies throughout EMEA, become their trusted advisor around their technology strategy
To help you identify if this is the right opportunity for you, please consider the following check-points of the type of persona we’re looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration or related field
- Object Oriented Programming experience (in Java or .NET) with a view to cross-train into the Progress flagship OpenEdge platform (full training will be provided)
- An understanding of Application Architecture and standard development methodologies
- Exposure to emerging technology trends such as Chatbots, AR and IoT
- Previous background in a technical customer-oriented position
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in the delivery of complex technical and sales oriented presentations
- Self-driven personality who enjoys working with people
- Excellent English – both spoken and written
If you’re a person who is self-sufficient, who likes to innovate and who loves to have fun while exploring solutions to customer challenges; if you enjoy working in a friendly, knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you in a company recognized for its state of the art technology, then this is a great opportunity to enhance your career.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.