Progress is currently hiring for a Solutions Architect - Pre Sales. This is a full time opportunity and ideal candidates will live in the Boston, MA, Atlanta GA, or Morrisville NC areas.
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced person to join our Sales Engineering team. As a Solutions Architect, you will be part of the Progress sales team that works closely with top customers, partners and prospects. In this position you will partner with sales to identify strategic customer business initiatives and you will evangelize and influence the best use and adoption of Progress products and technology to meet customer needs. You’ll work to develop both existing and net new customers and channel partners and you’ll focus on the latest Progress technology and application development platforms which deliver adaptable and intelligent digital experiences.
- You have both a deep and broad set of technical and domain knowledge which allow you to be very effective in front of application, systems and enterprise architects. You are also influential with analysts and business leaders when establishing business value and future vision.
- You like being an evangelist who is passionate about mobile platforms.
- You are aware of Enterprise systems, cloud-based applications and modern integration standards.
- You can effectively participate in architecture reviews, lead technical workshops and leverage the strategy and portfolio of products to meet specific customer requirements.
- Sales professionals love to work with you – you’ve been in sales and customer-facing situations and understand when to talk and when to listen.
- You are well versed at creating and delivering compelling presentations and whiteboard sessions. You have the technical chops for building prototypes, POC’s and custom demos.
- You are keenly interested in both front-end and back-end mobile and web technology.
- Cross functional leaders from your company love to work with you including those in Marketing, Professional Services, Engineering and Product Management.
- 10+ years of Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect or similar sales-oriented customer facing roles
- Sufficient experience and aptitude to speak credibly about mobile libraries, REST, back-end API’s and enterprise integration
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure, virtualization and container technologies, SaaS delivery models
- Awareness of digital user experience through chatbots, AR/VR, wearables and emerging channels
- Awareness of existing and emerging Security standards and design
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Top notch presentation, demonstration and whiteboard skills
- Consultative selling and problem solving
- Ability to collaboratively troubleshoot issues and drive resolutions with Support and Product Management
- Travel as required for customer engagement and company meetings (estimated up to 50-60%)
- Preferred US metro areas Boston MA, Raleigh NC, Atlanta GA (other locations via work-from-home status will also be considered)
- Understands architectural patterns for systems built across design eras and technology platforms
- Understanding of traditional and current software development lifecycle management (SDLC) practices and tools
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!#LI-LG1