We are looking for a Communications Intern to become part of our Global Communications team.
Joining the team, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from experienced communications experts responsible for Progress’ public relations, analyst relations, internal communication, social media and customer advocacy/reference success. As an intern, you’ll be working predominantly on external and internal communications activities related to the Bulgarian office and will play a key role in their successful execution.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in working for a global, publicly traded company. As a member of the Global Communications team, you will have access to a network of peers and PR agencies across the US, EMEA and APJ. This team also has direct access to the company leaders giving you the opportunity to network with and learn directly from experienced industry leaders.
What you will be doing most of the time?
- Draft basic public relations materials, including news stories, blog posts and social media posts, to communicate company news and announcements
- Support Progress’ community engagement efforts in Bulgaria, including sponsored events, speaking opportunities and CSR initiatives
- Help with the organization of internal and external events in the Sofia office
- Research and work on different communications projects, including competitive research, coverage tracking, awards and speaking submissions, and more
- Prepare reports to communicate the results of our communications activities
Do you have what it takes?
- Educational background in communications, journalism, marketing and/or a related discipline
- Basic understanding of PR strategies and tactics
- Strong writing and communication skills in both Bulgarian and English
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multi-task and willingness to work in a team environment
- Creativity with an eye for detail
- Strong desire to learn
- Interest in the tech sector
- Previous experience in communications, journalism, events coordination or a related discipline will be considered a plus
This is a 6 months internship opportunity suitable for University students.
Apply now by sending us your CV and a short letter telling us why do you want to join the Progress team as a PR & Communication Intern.