We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins.
Our People Team is expanding, and we are seeking a People Team Manager to join us! The ideal person will have a passion for people, operational excellence, business-minded, and overall delivering an exceptional employee experience for the employees who reside in the United States, Canada, and CALA. While this role will have a regional focus, there will also be times when this person will be involved in global projects.
If you thrive in an "all hands on deck" and fast-paced environment, love solving people's problems, and can pivot quickly, we want to chat with you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Partner with local managers and the global People team to roll out key people processes in the Americas (compensation, benefits, development programs, etc.)
- Acts as the main point of contact for employees and managers on regional questions and issues
- Responsible for driving excellence in employee experiences - onboarding, life events, progress fund, exit and stay interviews, lunch and learns, volunteering, etc.
- Collaborate with our COE’s on different initiatives and programs such as employer branding, talent management programs, compensation planning, and orientation sessions for employees and managers
- Collaborate with the global Talent Acquisition team on regional-specific events, employer branding, and positioning
- Partners with Total Rewards team on benefits revamp and optimization, as well as creating a holistic market data analysis for the region
- Creates regional action plans based on engagement results to address employee experience challenges.
- Actively participates on the regional side when Progress acquires companies. This may include but is not limited to the creation of offer letters, onboarding/offboarding meetings, providing on the ground support, and ordering employer branding materials
- Create and improve existing local People team processes, policies, and guidelines.
- Oversee the execution of People team compliance projects (EEO-1, AA, VET) and support compliance and audit requests from internal and external auditors; may lead and conduct external research.
- In partnership with legal, responsible for resolving complex employee relations cases including terminations; able to track, report, and analyze case trends to recommend programs/initiatives to address common themes.
- Collaborate with other functions on regional-related projects such as office moves, audit, payroll, tax, etc.
- Facilitate different types of training for the region such as career conversations, compensation training, new manager assimilations (NMAP), leadership development courses
- Maintain and administer changes and requests in our HRIS system (Workday) and ensure data integrity from a local perspective
- Oversee the relocation program for the Americas region
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Extensive HR generalist experience, preferably in a complex, multinational technology organization
- Strong understanding of employment law; preferably with a PHR/SPHR certification
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, analyze, and proactively provide recommendations and resolve complex situations in conjunction with business leaders
- High attention to detail & results-oriented
- Experience in participating in due diligence and integration stages of mergers and acquisitions from a local/regional aspect.
- Have a proven record of optimizing, modernizing, and revamping local policies and practices
- Experience in facilitating local/regional training and workshops for both managers and employees
- Tech-savvy – experience with multiple HRISs and collaboration tools is an advantage (Workday is a plus)
- Ability to influence situational outcomes and decisions across a diverse set of employee, manager, and leadership styles
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation/facilitation to all levels of the organization
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing immigration cases including Green cards, Permanent Residents, H-1B, TN, L-1, and student visas
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers, employees, and colleagues
- You strive for operational excellence (management of process and programs, champions continuous improvement, drives results)
- Demonstrated success collaborating in a fast-paced environment working with a remote and distributed workforce
- Occasional travel to other office locations in the Americas region required
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their careers, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!