Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as People Experience Partner in Bulgaria you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
The People Experience team at Progress is tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Progress’s culture of invention, agility, collaboration, and shared, celebrated success. In this role, you will drive a stellar employee experience and drive HR projects and process optimizations locally and globally. As part of a high-energy, global collaborative team with a flexible approach to anticipating and addressing our customer’s needs, you will consult with management while acting as an employee champion and change catalyst for both day-to-day and global programs for about 500 of our top talent. If you thrive in an "all hands-on deck" environment, love solving people's problems, continuously improve processes and can pivot quickly, we want to chat with you!
Please note that this is a maternity cover position with an approximate duration of 1 year.
What you’ll do:
- Partnering with local managers and the global People team to roll out all key people processes in the region (compensation, benefits, development programs, etc.)
- Being the local point of contact for both managers and employees when it comes to any people-related topic
- Building and improving local processes, policies, and guidelines related to people to uplift employee experience
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance, partnering with legal department.
- Consulting with managers and providing guidance and coaching when appropriate. Partnering with them on employee relation cases to address growth plans and performance issues
- Owning the employee onboarding and offboarding process
- Managing the portfolio of local benefits, making sure we stay competitive on the market, and relevant for the needs of the employees
- Working with external partners on building a corporate socially responsible workforce and culture, based on the Corporate Sustainability program.
- Organizing various internal events ranging from team buildings, parties, open doors initiatives, and many more to keep sustaining our employer brand
- Oversee and manage the local pages for employees in the region on the company intranet
- Working with Workday – responding to questions from employees, processing business requests, ensuring data integrity from a local perspective
- Working with the global Centers of Expertise to ensure global programs are presented to local employees
- Continually innovate and bring forward new actionable ideas to engage the employees and build brand image
- Working with Finance, Accounting, Legal, Procurement, Facilities, and IT on local cross-team projects and policies
- Actively support the integration process of newly acquired companies
- You have an extensive generalist HR experience, preferably in a complex, multinational organization
- You strive for excellence in operations (management of process and programs, champion continuous improvement and drive results), you have success track of leading simplification and improvement projects, including managing various stakeholders and change
- You are fluent in English
- You have a very good understanding and practical experience of Bulgarian labor legislation
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers, employees, and the rest of your People team peers
- You can align analysis and strategy
- High customer orientation & results achievement with strong business acumen
- You have very good attention to details
- You are an advanced MS Office user, MS Excel master
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with, and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym onsite
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite