Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as People Experience Partner in The Netherlands, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
The People Experience team at Progress is tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Progress’s culture of invention, agility, collaboration, and shared, celebrated success.
In this role, you will drive a stellar employee experience across the EMEA region. As part of a high-energy, global collaborative team with a flexible approach to anticipating and addressing our customer’s needs, you will consult with management while acting as an employee champion and change catalyst for both day-to-day and global programs for about 500 of our top talent.
If you thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving people's problems, and can pivot quickly, we want to chat with you!
What you’ll do:
- Partnering with local managers and the global People team to roll out all key people processes in the region (compensation, benefits, development programs, etc.).
- Being the local point of contact for both managers and employees when it comes to any people-related topic
- Building and improving various local processes, policies, and guidelines related to people
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance; partnering with legal department as needed/required
- Consulting with managers and providing guidance and coaching when appropriate. Partnering with them on employee relation cases to address growth plans and performance issues
- Working with Finance, Accounting, Legal, Procurement, Facilities, and IT on local cross-team projects and policies
- Actively support the integration process of newly acquired companies
- Managing the portfolio of local benefits, making sure we stay competitive on the market, and relevant for the needs of the employees
- Owning the employee onboarding and offboarding process
- Working with external partners on building a corporate socially responsible workforce and culture, based on the Corporate Sustainability program.
- Organizing various internal events ranging from team buildings, parties, open doors initiatives, and many more to keep sustaining our employer brand
- Oversee and manage the local pages for employees in the region on the company intranet
- Working with Workday – responding to questions from employees, processing business requests, ensuring data integrity from a local perspective
- Working with the global Centers of Expertise to ensure global programs are presented to local employees
- Continually innovate and bring forward new actionable ideas to engage the employees and build brand image
If this sounds like the right fit for your experience and career interests, we would be happy to talk to you! What we offer in return is
- You have an extensive generalist HR experience, preferably in a complex, multinational organization
- You are fluent English and Dutch
- You have a very good understanding of the Dutch labor legislation (knowledge of UK, French/German labor legislation would be an advantage)
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers, employees, and the rest of your People team peers
- You strive for excellence in operations (management of process and programs, champion continuous improvement and drive results)
- You can align analysis and strategy
- High customer orientation & results achievement with strong business acumen
- You have very good attention to details
- You are an advanced MS Office user
- 24 days’ vacation (increased after years of service) + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium Collective Health Insurance Plan with a monthly employer contribution
- Premium Collective Pension Scheme fully funded by Progress
- Company-paid commuting/mileage reimbursement
- Fitness Program, allowing you to choose a gym and enjoy the discount and tax-advantage