We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
The People Team at Progress Software is looking for a People Analytics Lead to help deliver data and insight about our growing global employee base.
The People Analytics Lead will help the Progress People Team define our data strategy and bring our People data to life. Through Workday expertise you’ll help our team understand what is possible and create a long-term plan for improving data, measuring impact and supporting change. You’ll drive automation of our People data, build dashboards, analyze trends and partner with our COEs to research anomalies and monitor data integrity. This role will also analyze data for trends and patterns make recommendations to the People Leadership Team based on the analysis. As part of the Global People Rewards organization within the People Team, the People Analytics Lead will support all areas of the People Team and broader Progress organization with reporting and analytics. Areas of focus will be Talent Pipeline, Employee Lifecycle, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, Rewards and Organizational Effectiveness globally.
This is a newly created role and will be shaped, in part, by the right person. We are looking for someone data driven and detail-oriented; motivated, and proactive. If you are a flexible, fast learner who craves building strong relationships with a team, then this role might be for you. You’ll be arming business leaders with the key people metrics that will aid in decision making and help drive business/people performance.
What you’ll do:
- Design and drive the global People Analytics strategy, defining the products and services and translating these into a concrete strategy and roadmap aligned with the broader People team agenda
- Act as an inspirator for People Analytics, making us aware of its possibilities, explaining the benefits, and articulating how People Analytics can support us and how we create a culture of insights-driven people processes and programs
- Be a connector in tying the needs and benefits of all separate analytic units/ systems into one voice
- Partner with the People leadership team and master translating business needs into data-driven solutions.
- Collect and compile people data, define appropriate metrics, utilize storytelling to create report design and delivery, and make recommendations based on trends or patterns
- Identify data collection and storage gaps; develop actionable plans to improve data available
- Identify opportunities to drive greater organizational impact through analytics
- Partner with our People Experience and Legal teams to ensure compliance globally and build best practices
What you need to be successful:
- Workday Experience Required- Advanced experience in Workday across HCM preferred
- Experience with data analytics using SQL, Business Intelligence and Visualization tools such as Tableau, Advanced Excel Skills,
- Experience managing HR analysis globally, especially regarding data compliance within GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other data privacy laws
- Respect and desire to learn about diverse cultures. Our team is truly global
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to communicate through all employee levels including executives
- 5-7 years of related work experience, with demonstrated success in data analysis, reporting, and/or business intelligence
- Desire to build strong relationships within the team and across the business. Progress has a relationship driven culture where everyone has a voice and shared experiences improve collaboration and trust
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to build this capability, which requires comfort with toggling between managing basic reporting needs while also building a foundation which allows HR to automate and deliver self-service tools and dashboards to allow for more sophisticated analyses
- Professional HR certification(s) preferred, but not required
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans