Job Title: Partner Manager
We are growing and looking for a Partner Manager. This position will primarily focus on Progress’ DataDirect product line. DataDirect is the industry leader in standards-based data access and data connectivity. Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Data Integration applications need the last mile of connectivity to Relational databases, SaaS applications, and Big Data/NoSQL platforms. DataDirect makes it easy for enterprises and ISVs to connect to the data they need, no matter where it resides. In this capacity, the Partner Manager will focus on establishing and maintaining inbound partnerships with data source vendors to support our development efforts, and outbound relationships with marketplaces and communities that drive marketing awareness and channel expansion.
About the Team:
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Product team responsible for partnerships, reporting to the VP of Product Management. The home base for the DataDirect team is in our Morrisville, NC headquarters but many team members are remote.
About the Job:
The Partner Manager will ensure that our development and QA teams have access to the systems and infrastructure needed to build world-class products. This includes establishing new partnerships that support our roadmap, renewing existing partnerships, establishing communication channels with vendors to assist with our support needs. The Partner Manager will also work with Product Marketing to ensure that our products are listed in various enterprise marketplaces, driving awareness and lead generation in support of our sales efforts. This role will require collaboration between Engineering, Product Operations, Support, and Product Marketing.
You have the responsibility of ensuring that product development operates without disruption because of access to the systems and services required. You also support the marketing efforts by creating engaging listings that drive customer interest and download leads. This position undoubtedly requires someone with a well rounded skillset. Your responsibilities in this role would include:
- Organize and maintain a catalog of existing contracts, payment terms, renewal dates, and support hotlines that streamline our business processes, and ensure predictability
- Work closely with engineering to understand their needs, and to negotiate with the various data source vendors the appropriate level of developer terms
- Establish new contracts that provide us with developer access to new sources we plan to support in our roadmap
- Renew and extend existing partnerships on time to ensure continuity in our development processes
- Identify ways to reduce or consolidate costs that can be invested in other areas of the business
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on content and value prop to establish listings on application marketplaces that WOW prospects, leading to increased awareness and new business
- Work with vendors on escalated support cases to ensure we resolve issues our customers may face
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 4+ years in a similar role is desired
- Negotiation and contracting experience, primarily for inbound partnerships
- Must be technical enough to translate engineering requirements into the appropriate contracts
- Attention to detail, ensuring that risk is minimized and opportunities are captured
- A creative streak that will help our marketplace listings stand-out from the crowd
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment across many departments of the organization
- Ability to influence and organize stakeholders to respond to escalations in a timely manner