We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
Progress Software are seeking a Partner Business Development Manager for immediate hire. The successful candidate is responsible for growing the Progress Kemp / Progress Flowmon business with Strategic Solution Partners across APJ region. The individual will be expected to have a good working knowledge of the Infrastructure Management Solutions, ISV Solution Partners and overall eco-system. The candidate will leverage their experience of Solution Sales and work closely with APJ wider team to grow the business.
This role is supported by in-depth Technical Experts from APJ region, however the candidate needs to demonstrate a reasonable depth and understanding of Infrastructure Management Solutions, Customer applications and Industry Trends. A background and knowledge in Load Balancer and Network / Security Monitoring is highly recommended.
- Manage relationship with the key partners at various levels, bolster sales collaboration in the region, and drive cadence of partner opp. and biz status reviews with key stakeholders
- Owner of the total from the partners. Increase mindshare within partner’s team in the region
- Internally a good team player, Externally a good communicator, possess good business acumen. Discover new opp. to collaborate, make judgmental call on partner’s requests and find answers from within
- Incubate and drive Strategic partner sales enablement for new solution use cases
- To be familiar with partner program and become a member of the global channel operation
- Represent Progress at appropriate industry events
- A minimum 3 to 5 years of IT experience in Solution Sales in a High Value solution-oriented company.
- A minimum 3 years of channel account management experience.
- Good Sales knowledge of Load Balancer and Network / Security Monitoring solutions
- Ability to conduct Customer / Partner value workshops, present in customer / partner events, Executive Briefings etc.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Instinctive understanding of what it is to give service.
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other APJ Language.
- Knowledge and experience of at least 1 load balancer brand (F5, Citrix, A10, Radware, etc)
- Ability to work both independently and a team player on complex tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with Network and/or Application Performance Management (NPM, NDR & APM) solutions
- Experience with SFDC or other Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Independent working with high self-motivation, Confident, energetic and organized.
- Occasional travel with APJ Region