Job Title: Senior Partner Account Manager (PAM)
About the Team:
The foundation of the Digital Business Sales Team here at Progress is built on award winning Digital Content & Digital Experience products. This team thrives on the goal to help transform businesses around the world to survive in the digitized world. Focusing on products and services offering a full application life cycle, the team offers products such as The Digital Factory and other services including; Sitefinity, Telerik platform, DevTools and Testing products
About the Job:
Aligned in day to day partnership with field and inside sales teams to identify, recruit, grow and enable the strategic integrator community to deliver solutions for enterprise integration, data interoperability and application development, through the management of opportunities and in-person relationships leveraging the Progress portfolio of products, solutions, services and/or workflow knowledge, resources, systems, Partner Programs and processes. This person will be responsible for not only developing new Partner relationships but also managing existing relationships where they exist at an executive level. The overall goal will be to drive and ultimately close new sales opportunities via ‘to’ or ‘through’ these Partners. It is expected that this individual will be able to develop and build joint sales and marketing models to drive the adoption of Progress solutions into both commercial and Public Sector accounts. This individual will have specific responsibilities for managing, growing and developing Progress’s go to market business relationships with assigned key strategic integrators. Experience, knowledge or existing relationships with Global System Integrators is a plus.
Recruit, lead, develop and implement the Partner Engagement Model and specific Account/Business/Partner Sales Plans resulting in identifying opportunities, solution adoption, integrated offerings and GTM strategies that uncover and solve business challenges resulting in quota attainment.
- Identify and secure a diverse set of relationships with the key decision maker (SI/SP, ISV, Disti, Reseller, OEM, Alliances) (s) and/or multiple constituents; encompassing enablement, the selling and buying cycle perspectives, (IT, Dev, CTO, Purchasing, etc) that result in customer testimonial caliber level partnerships.
- Build, accurately qualify and report on pipeline in support of overall business with specific partner. Generate detailed status reporting for management review and joint team account planning.
- Generate or identify opportunities for revenue/bookings; license, subscription, services and new maintenance involving the broader portfolio of Progress Software product offerings.
- Take responsibility for acquiring industry, product, solution knowledge across all platforms, applications groups and common use cases.
- Analyze competitive landscape, use cases, champions and frameworks to demonstrate differentiation and to win against the competition.
- Maximize and comply with all Progress policies, (travel and expense, etc,), systems, (SFDC, Xactly, Concur, etc,) and processes (COM, CEM, Lead Flow, Rev Req, Discounts, etc).Troubleshoot and resolve Partner/Alliance conflicts across entire cycle from prospect to close.
- Deliver high impact presentations, account and/or territory plans through teaming with key resources such as: sales, marketing, pre-sales, product management, development, finance, professional services, tech support and executive management.
- Demonstrate intellectual/technical curiosity and engage in business discussions that uncover enough information about the business and corresponding challenges to map to our technology and overcome objections. Become a Partner/Alliance ally by adopting a cadence of discovery and positioning with prospect/customer that enables an aligned value offering; ask the right questions to figure out how our technology, services, solutions will fit/enhance the business.
- Experience working and partnering with global systems integrators.
- Candidate must be experienced with the Enterprise Software market and familiar with the Enterprise software selling process.
- Proven track record of successfully closing large deals over $250K - $1 Million +
- Documented record of exceeding quotas and developing new business
- Ability to work in collaborative environment with an inside sales team.
- Ability to demonstrate breadth of knowledge of the data connectivity and middleware technology market, including industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with selling methodologies, customer engagement models and CRM applications (e.g. SalesForce.Com)
- Must be technical enough to come up to speed on products quickly and deliver feedback in relation to deals
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time, primarily within your geography
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.