We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Partner Account Manager for our Ipswitch product group, and ideal candidate will be in the Dallas TX, Phoenix AZ, or Denver CO areas.JOB SUMMARY:
The Partner Account Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director of the North America Channel. This position requires an energetic, results-oriented individual that excels at building strong relations and credibility across diverse groups, is a self-starter with strong initiative, and has a strong ability to drive, collaborate and manage key initiative that result in increased reseller success and revenue.
The Partner Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding influential relationships within assigned reseller partners. The Partner Account Manager owns responsibility for partner strategy, enablement, and training. The Partner Account Manager's primary responsibility is to manage and grow resellers by developing market strategies, define business plan goals and develop marketing plans to accelerate revenue through the Ipswitch channel program.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Establish productive, professional relationships within assigned reseller partners.
- Meet and exceed defined sales objectives and targets.
- Proactively lead joint partner planning process that develops mutual opportunities for successful and productive partner relationships. (Solution offers, performance objectives, deal registration targets, sales revenue targets)
- Assist with sell through to end customers through the partner with a focus on enterprise customer and SMB customers.
- Manages potential channel conflict, works closely with partners and Ipswitch account managers using excellent communication skills both internally and externally and follows channel rules of engagement.
- Drives adoption of Ipswitch’s product and enablement trainings.
- Achieves or exceeds assigned sales quota in designated territory.
- Achieves or exceeds assigned objectives including training metrics, new business, deal registration metrics, and customer retention via renewals.
- Enlists the support of resources as required to ensure a successful channel. Resources include executive management, marketing, account managers and pre-sales engineers.
- Four year college degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of channel sales in software space.
- Preference of security and data center experience selling software solutions from the manufacturer.
- Experience with two-tier distribution models (Distribution / Reseller)
- Achieves or exceeds assigned objectives as determined by MBO requirements
- Proficient in: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel 30%
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!