We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Partner Account Manager in Germany.
This is a quota-carrying position with direct responsibility for achieving the regional revenue target for a set of Progress products: WhatsUp Gold, MOVEit and DataDirect. The position entails daily management and recruitment of distributors and resellers, as well as strategic direct touch with key end-user accounts and/or leads, with the objective of attaining and exceeding the region’s sales quota.
Please note this is a Work from Home opportunity and can be based anywhere in Germany.
Your area of responsibility:
- Achieve and preferably surpass assigned revenue target
- Manage the regional partner ecosystem (Distributors, Resellers), including assessment of the ecosystem and executing a recruitment/enablement/productivity strategy that will surpass the “revenue coverage model” required by the business during any given time period
- Obtain and review business plans from key partners, ensure their execution, and conduct appropriate QBRs
- Manage key strategic opportunities in cooperation with partners or directly, as required
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the marketing group and sales management in order to improve the quality of leads and conversion and winning ratios. The goal is to align the sales and marketing strategy
- Work in proximity with the partners to ensure superior precision in managing the pipeline and forecasting for the region and report weekly on the rolling 3 months sales expectations. Strong knowledge of Salesforce CRM required
- Visit partners or customers as necessary, under guidance from the Regional Sales Director
- Organize and/or conduct sales training on Progress specific products for the channel and/or end-users, with or without the assistance of a pre-sales technical person
- Participate in events such as trade shows, seminars, and roadshows
- Capacity to position and present our solutions and technology to prospects and partners (from a commercial or technical audience to the CIO, CTO level)
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Solid experience of working and leveraging IT infrastructure, secure file transfer, and network management projects both through direct touch and in collaboration with a channel partner ecosystem
- Must be fluent in English and German
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Evidence of structured solution sales approach
- Must be highly motivated, possess a positive attitude and have excellent organizational skills
- Self-sufficient and demonstrating excellence in working independently from home office
- Ability to also work as part of a team with superior communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic
- A relevant University degree is desirable
If this sounds like the right opportunity for your experience and career interests, we would be happy to talk to you!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!