Aligned with sales and with the partner and or alliance in mind, maintain, recruits, grows and enables the partner community to deliver solutions for enterprise integration, data interoperability and application development, through the management of opportunities. Builds relationships leveraging the Progress portfolio of products, solutions, services and/or workflow knowledge, resources, systems, Partner Programs and processes. To be successful in this role you shall thrive in relationship building while challenging partners to think differently about their business. You will be acting as a consultant for our customer and partner community from a diverse background, so audience-centric communication, a good understanding of new technologies and excellent in-person presentation skills are a must.
About the Role:
- Recruit, lead and develop a Partner Engagement Model and implement specific Partner Sales Plans, resulting in identifying opportunities, solution adoption, integrated offerings and GTM strategies
- Identify and secure a diverse set of relationships with the key decision maker (SI/SP, ISV, Disti, Reseller, OEM, Alliances)
- Build, qualify and report on pipeline
- Generate revenue/bookings, license, subscription, services and new maintenance across all offerings
- Proactively acquire industry/ product knowledge across all platforms, applications and products to ultimately ensure quota attainment i.e. product seminars etc.
- Analyze competitive landscape, use cases, champions and frameworks to demonstrate differentiation and outline Progress’s unique selling points
- Become a Partner ally by adopting a cadence of discovery and positioning with our prospects and customers to enable an aligned value offering
- Troubleshoot and resolve Partner/Alliance conflicts across the entire cycle from prospect to close
- Deliver high impact account/ territory plans and presentations through teaming with key internal stakeholders, such as Sales, Marketing, Pre-sales, Product Management, Development, Finance, Professional Services and Tech Support
- Engage in discussions to define business and technical/ product challenges, map these to our technologies and then overcome objections
- Proven experience of recruiting and managing Strategic Partners and can demonstrate C level relationship building
- A minimum of 7+ years in indirect sales experience in software and/or services sales
- Extensive experience in consultative sales and building of service offerings with partners
- Ability to manage multiple sales cycles and deal with any channel conflicts in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work with internal teams
- Ability to support and manage the entire sales process from prospecting to closure
- Ability to travel 50% plus
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!!