We have an opportunity for an OpenEdge Trainer/ Senior Consultant to focus on providing Progress technologies training in EMEA and our OpenEdge Academies. To be successful in this role, you must have strong technical understanding of Progress portfolio of products (mainly OpenEdge) and related third-party software to establish credibility with customers, internal engineering teams and partners. You must have the ability to run skills assessments and identify additional training opportunities and work with the sales reps to scope the training needs.
Aside from training delivery, you will also be involved in regular billable consultancy where you will be responsible for providing technical expertise to our customer and prospects. This will include meeting with clients, and consulting engagements for the design, installation, configuration and tuning of the products.
Your area of responsibility:
- Deliver Progress OpenEdge and related products training classes across EMEA
- Work on consulting engagements and develop project deliverables (including code), get involved in implementation, testing and process improvement efforts
- Native Dutch and fluent in English
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in OpenEdge.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of 4GL, RDBMS and relevant programming techniques
- Proficiency in Java and/or OO programming
- A strong desire to learn and become expert in these technology domains
- Desire to train people and spread the skills into the field
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to be independent, proactive, driven and work on own initiative
- Willing to travel
If you are up for the challenge, then we would be happy to hear from you!