We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Principal Consultant for our OpenEdge product group. JOB SUMMARY:
Looking for a full stack OpenEdge Principal Consultant with experienced architecting and delivering software solutions utilizing OpenEdge. A Principal Consulting Engineer is accountable for the technical and architectural and development process associated with their given assignments. Principal Software Consultant is expected to provide a high level of technical expertise that can be leverage by other members of a team in the form of providing repeatable code patterns, best practices, and team mentoring.
Principle Consultants are required to provide technical presentations, training, and participate on blog forums. A successful candidate will have solid problem-solving skills and have the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex application issues. This role requires an individual that can take ownership of a project and drive it to successful completion.
This is a customer facing consulting position and requires meeting and working with our customers. Good organization, written and oral communication skills are required. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Design Software Solutions
- Meet with customers, mentor customers, and lead and/or participate in customer projects
- Scope new projects or upgrades
- Create customer specific documentation
- Provide Training
- Log issues with Tech Support
The successful candidate will also possess and demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Open Edge with at least 5+ years of experience working with Open Edge in a professional setting.
- OO Programming Skills
- Progress Developers Studio
- Experience with PAS for OpenEdge and Classic AppServers
- Experience with ANT PCT Tools or equivalent
- Experience with Tomcat and Spring security
- Self-motivation with ability to influence others to achieve results
- Capacity to manage multi-tasks including administrative and coordination responsibilities
- Strong autonomy and self-initiative
- Strong communication skills with an assertive style
- Able to navigate cross-functionally and cross-regionally as required
- Willing to work off hours and possibly weekends
- Superior interpersonal skills – highly enthusiastic, great presentation and communication skills
- Confident, discrete and reliable
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!