About the Team:
Progress Communication Services Team has the mission to foresee and define a strategy how the network should be integrated with business and business priorities. Our vision is that network should be more than basic connectivity, bandwidth for users and access to applications. Instead it should offer an end-to-end functionality together with centralized control which helps business agility.
About the Role:
As a Networking Engineer you will:
- Have the responsibility for the day to day support and advancement of our global network infrastructure. This includes areas such as:
- Routing and Switching
- WAN Optimization
- VPN and Remote Access
- LAN/WAN Connectivity
- Load Balancers
- Network Management Software
- Lead small projects or multi-task efforts that may include other providers.
- Research and develop standards for architecture and engineering to be used by other IT support groups.
- Contribute to roadmap, architectural direction and continuous improvement.
- Document technical engineering procedures for use by other members of the IT Infrastructure team utilizing the Engineer Design document.
- Be responsible for monitoring network utilization and performance.
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately upon network incidents.
- Proactively communicate about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues.
- Be a Resource for helping to resolve network related issues that are escalated to the highest level.
- Performs knowledge transfer to other members of the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Assist in vendor negotiations and the RFP/RFI process.
- Have experience with Avaya telephony and corresponding end user troubleshooting of connectivity and call issues a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience in the technical area.
- CCNA or CCNP certification required
- Experience with Linux operating systems and / or Python scripting will be considered an advantage.
- Exceptional ability and strong desire to learn new skills.