We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Architect in Core C product group in Bangalore, to work on Chef which is one of top 3 enterprise product in Devops & Devsecops space.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies.
We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
What you will do in this role:
- Manage the Chef development team deliver the Chef product to our customers via the Cloud
- Be accountable for the development and success of your team
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to deliver quality software on time
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company, including product management, UX, and customer teams
- Establish lean engineering processes that use collaboration, focus, and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by cultivating engineering excellence and career development
To be success-full we need someone who has:
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have demonstrable deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as Go, Java, Nodejs.
- You have experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for system level software along with extensive experience in one of public cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP
- You have experience with platform development, or application migration to the cloud
- You have extensive experience in a technology that you're personally excited about, such as distributed systems, container orchestration, or systems automation
- Experience working with and leading remote teams is preferred
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!