We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineering Manager for our DataDirect/DCI product group in our Morrisville NC location.JOB SUMMARY:
The Progress, DataDirect Engineering team is a tight-knit group of people working together each day with the mission of solving the world’s data problems. We build software that connects to data sources ranging from the latest version of Oracle to the next up and coming SaaS application.
As the Software Engineering Manager, this individual will report to the Director of Engineering and will coach/manage two agile teams. They’ll drive initiatives to improve the global team’s best practices, increase team efficiency, and product quality. Our managers tend to be highly technical in nature while maintaining a focus on people management.
If you are interested in dealing with a wide variety of data sources and the most influential software companies in our industry, we would love to hear from you!WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Actively contribute to build upon our culture of inclusion, collaboration, and engagement.
- Coach individuals on their career and personal development goals
- Coach teams to be successful in developing innovative products that ship on time and exceed our quality expectations
- Champion and lead initiatives improving our best practices and processes
- Collaborate with Support, Product Manager, Customers, as well as other Engineering leads and teams to deliver maximum value to our customers
- B.S., Computer Science or related field/or experience equivalent
- Java and C++ programming expertise
- Extensive experience in software engineering
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a management role
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong quality assurance background
- Designing enterprise level software (from writing code to architecture)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Database application development
- Experience with network or database protocols
- Strong experience with unit testing and/or Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated experience leading change
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!