About the Role: You will manage engineers and oversee all aspects of the teams. The right candidate must be highly motivated and experienced in representing software engineering organizations in all aspects of the SDLC and prepared to work closely with members of the R&D leadership teams to develop cutting edge products that ship on time and are of the highest level of quality that Progress/DataDirect customers expect.
About the Team:
The Progress, DataDirect Engineering team is a tight-knit group of people working together each day with the mission of solving the world’s data problems. We build software that connects to data sources ranging from the latest version of Oracle to the next up and coming SaaS application. If you are interested in dealing with a wide variety of data sources and the most influential software companies in our industry, this team is for you!
- B.S., Computer Science or related field/or experience equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5 years of experience in a management role
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong quality assurance background
- Designing enterprise level software (from writing code to architecture)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Database application development
- Java and C++ programming expertise
- Experience with network or database protocols
- Strong experience with unit testing
- Demonstrated experience leading significant change to a continuous integration / continuous delivery environment.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!