We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Software Engineering Manager for our team in Bangalore, India.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a teams of software engineers and contractors to deliver great products to our customers
- Be accountable for the sustaining development of multiple projects in a rapidly evolving environment
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to deliver quality software on time
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company, including product management, UX, and customer teams
- Establish lean engineering processes that use collaboration, focus, and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by cultivating engineering excellence and career development
Who you are:
- You have 9+ years overall experience with 7+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have demonstrable software development skills in the Ruby language
- You have experience with Cloud providers/technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vSphere
- You enjoy collaborating closely with customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues and solve their problems
- Experience as a systems administrator is a huge plus
- Experience working with and leading contractors is preferred
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and provide great customer outcomes
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!