The Manager of Professional Services is responsible for staffing and resourcing customer-facing services engagement as well as managing the QAD consultants that make up our QAD Practice. The QAD consultants are both technical and functional. This manager will be primarily focused on ensuring the right fit of consultant capabilities against customer needs. This is a hands-on role, interacting with customers, consultants, sales team members, and project managers. This Manager will report to the Senior Director, Professional Services for North America.
About the Role:
- Work with Project Managers and Sales team members to understand customer's staffing needs.
- Ensure customer project success and high satisfaction based on the agreed statement of work.
- Ensure proper completion of necessary contractual agreements prior to project commencement
- Assign resources to Progress Professional Services engagements to maximize project success as well as maximizing utilization of staff members on billable work.
- Work with finance to support the development of effective financial forecasting and budgetary planning.
- Work with talent acquisition team when necessary to fill staff openings and target recruiting efforts.
- Identify over and under used resources and any performance or morale issues. Address through planning, value added project assignments, coaching and feedback to your team members on an ongoing basis.
- Utilization and revenue forecasting for the QAD team
- Work with Partners to complement our delivery team
- Experience leading teams of 15+ people.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience working in top tier professional services firm
- Project Management experience
- QAD application and technical knowledge is required
- Progress OpenEdge technical knowledge is required
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Create and review Statements of Work (SOW’s) for QAD related projects
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!