We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Manager of Information Development for our Core A product group in our Hyderabad location.The ideal candidate is a working manager who will:
- Partner with the global Content and Product Services (CAPS) management team to achieve our vision, objectives, and priorities
- Lead by example: Produce as an individual contributor by designing and developing user-facing content to support local Engineering teams according to the quality standards set for the CAPS team
- Manage/grow a local team of Information Developers; help them set and achieve team and personal development goals that align with our business objectives
- Identify and fill skills gaps in team members, and coach them to excellence; foster team members’ growth and development and enable team effectiveness in supporting each other and other functions
- Ensure our team quality goals are met or exceeded by proactively addressing any challenges that arise
- Be technically curious, with a desire to learn and apply new skills!
What you will do in this role:
- Partner with regional development teams to understand technical requirements; research and produce technical content (including, but not limited to documentation, videos, training courses)
- Ensure team commitments are clearly understood, effectively planned, and delivered on time
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies; establish and foster a strong, collaborative team environment; ensure the team is meeting Sprint goals and quarterly Objectives; assist in removing impediments to enable team success
- Edit all content deliverables and enforce that Information Developers adhere to published quality standards
- Manage concurrent projects across several product lines to ensure that the team is enabled to deliver their projects on time with high quality.
What the ideal candidate will need to have:
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree and/or advanced degree or certification in Technical Writing and/or Instructional Design
- Extensive and proven technical content development experience (with samples available for review)
- Experience in managing and leading a successful team with proven motivational/coaching skills and leadership and collaboration capabilities that drive effectiveness
- Demonstrable experience with a Content Management System is required (experience with IxiaSoft or AuthorIT highly preferred); experience with content editors is helpful (Congree or Acrolinx is preferred)
- Superior written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration within the Hyderabad technical community to share/learn project successes and best practices.
If this sounds like the right career opportunity from you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity and paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!