Progress is looking for a passionate and talented Graphic Designer to manage our in-house Design Services team. In this role, you will be creating design solutions to support product and corporate marketing initiatives.
The position is a perfect fit for candidates who are self-motivated, excited about working in a fast and agile environment, and passionate about the opportunity to join an established and highly motivated design team. As our ideal candidate, you are an accomplished senior designer who can successfully combine your own design style with the brand guidelines and visual aesthetics of Progress to create visually stunning graphical assets. Reporting to the VP of Digital Marketing, you will be leading a team of three graphic designers as direct reports and be responsible for managing workflow, design review, collaborating with internal stakeholders and managing external agencies.
About the Challenge:
- Create cutting-edge visual designs for marketing assets from concept to execution
- Delegate tasks, manage workload and requests, prioritize projects against business objectives to ensure final work is delivered on time and within budget
- Define, maintain, and propagate design style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent visual experience across all corporate and marketing assets
- Ability to transform written ideas into creative and compelling stories
- Design and deliver assets for all corporate and marketing initiatives including: Marketing collateral, Email designs and demand generation support, external facing PowerPoints and executive slide decks, experiential designs for events, internal communications
- Manage, grow and develop the design team by taking part in mentoring junior design team members.
- Seek input, requirements and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions
- End-to-end ownership: Drive creative projects from inception through creative development and approval
- Work collaboratively with the web design team, customer experience team and web creative lead to ensure brand consistency across all visual designs
- At least 8 years of professional graphic design experience
- Experience managing and collaborating with a remote team and working in a globally disperse organization
- Exceptional design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities
- Ability to prioritize projects and team resource allocation against a high volume of work against business objectives
- Deep expertise in PowerPoint design including 5 years or more experience
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Clear and concise communication style enabling you to explain the thought process behind your visual design solutions, and rally people around your stated design goals
- Attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
Along with your resume, please send the following required documents:
- Portfolio: Consolidated URL with links to work or PDF portfolio only please. Please include a wide variety of design work including; Marketing collateral, Sales materials, events, PowerPoint designs, diagrams, ebooks, etc.