We are looking for a License Management Services Manager to join our Software Asset Management team, focused on promoting the management, governance, and awareness of the proper use and distribution of Progress products. SAM offers a range of value-added services to address customers' license management and software license compliance needs that are transparent and consultative, based on proven processes and expert licensing capability, and with a focus on maintaining strong customer relationships.
This role will be responsible for performing impartial and co-operative license reviews within Progress’ customer base, scattered through USA/CALA region and will interact closely with other members of the Progress license management services team.
About the Role:
- Analyze data sets in accordance to program rules, End User License Agreements (EULAs) or customer specific contracts.
- Provide accurate and verifiable reports evidencing a customer’s software deployment and licensing position.
- Communicate and advocate technical, legal and/or audit-related information, as well as the company’s position on audit findings, to both technical and non-technical groups, internally and externally (i.e., directly to the company’s customers), and negotiate transactions arising out of LMS cases.
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the process to ensure success.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and excellence of service at all times while still focusing on resolving any potential licensing issues through invoicing.
- Ability to maintain active pipeline & demonstrate progress for each account on a weekly basis.
- Develop and constantly maintain a good level of understanding of Progress products, their associated licensing terms and conditions as well as Progress’ business practices, policies, sales strategies and licensing metrics.
- Work on specific license management related projects as agreed with manager.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with other internal departments such as Sales, Finance, Legal and Support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable discipline
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with Progress products and/or services gained from a Progress environment. Technical background and OpenEdge experience an advantage.
- Software background, knowledge of basic programming and understanding of databases is a must
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate technical information in emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to analyze large data sets using Excel—a high Excel proficiency is required.
- Ability to conduct customer interviews to understand technical environments/deployments to ensure complete and accurate analysis.
- Shows strong attention to detail and a consistently high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively sets priorities, tracks detailed tasks, and meets deadlines.
- Project management skills to ensure timely completion of the license reviews
- Develop strong teaming relationship with team members and the local sales organization.
- Able to multi-task
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese is advantageous
Progress is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!