Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Junior .NET Software Engineer in our WPF & WinUI team, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team is responsible for two sets of UI components - UI for WPF and UI for WinUI. Both suites help developers decrease the development time by providing rich and powerful components to handle common visualization scenarios in desktop applications. Telerik UI for WPF is our famous UI framework for the most widespread desktop platform by Microsoft. It consists of 145+ UI shiny controls which hide incredible complexity inside. The project is alive and kicking since 2008 and has vast amount of smart software developers as its customers. Telerik UI for WinUI is young product with first release was in 2020. It contains 40+ components for creating modern desktop application providing native Windows 10/11 look and feel. Our customers are software developers, like us. They are continuously demanding top quality, clean and intuitive APIs; and we are continuously learning from them.
What will you do?
- Assist in research and implement new functionalities and features
- Perform competitor research and prepare functional specifications
- Fix challenging bugs
- Write clean, maintainable, testable, and readable code whilst adhering to the team’s coding quality standards
- Write unit tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Provide realistic time estimates on tasks and assignments
- Work closely with other team members and roles, including product managers, to specify the requirements; QA engineers, to produce functional tests; support engineers, to prepare documentation and help articles; designers, to create user-friendly and compelling designs
- Work directly with customers to help get their job done. Don’t forget, our customers are software developers like us, so this could be awesome learning experience.
What will you need?
If the above sounds interesting, then we would like to hear from you! What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Good experience with .NET and C#
- Good knowledge about software design principles
- Ability to meet deadlines and commit to team goals
- Experience with desktop application framework (WPF, Winforms, UWP, WinUI) will be considered as an advantage
- Experience with XAML will be considered as an advantage
- Good written and verbal English
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Vacation, Family and Health
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Аnd even more perks:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!