Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Junior Support Developer Engineer in the WPF & WinUI Team you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
Learn what it is to be a Developer Support Engineer at:
Our company helps developers become superheroes, and our team is responsible for two sets of UI components - UI for WPF and UI for WinUI. Both suites help developers decrease the development time by providing rich and powerful components to handle common visualization scenarios in desktop applications. Telerik UI for WPF is our famous UI framework for Microsoft's most widespread desktop platform. It consists of 145+ UI shiny controls which hide incredible complexity inside. The project has been alive and kicking since 2008 and has many intelligent software developers as its customers. Telerik UI for WinUI is a young product whose first release was in 2020. It contains 40+ components for creating a modern desktop application providing a native Windows 10/11 look and feel. Our customers are software developers, like us. They continuously demand top-quality, clean and intuitive APIs; we are always learning from them.
This is what you’ll be dealing with if you join us:
- Own designated issues submitted by customers and make sure their problem is solved in the best possible way
- Research a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base articles, bug database, community forums, and the product codebase itself
- Investigate projects provided by customers to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicate clearly and precisely technical issues with the customers and set the right expectations
- Escalate product issues to the product team
- Log product defects and feature requests; provide clear and complete information to the product engineers when their assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Participate in knowledge capturing (e.g., create new knowledge resources and update the existing ones - product demos, KB and documentation articles, code libraries)
- Review product documentation and identify topics that need improvement
This is what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Good experience with the .NET platform and tooling
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Programming knowledge in C#
- Technical knowledge in any of the following desktop technologies is a plus: WPF, WinUI, Winforms, UWP
- Previous background in a customer-oriented job will be considered highly advantageous.
- Eagerness to learn new skills
If the above fits your experience and interests, we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly, great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!