Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Junior Developer Support Engineer in Sofia, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
We are looking for a Junior Developer Support Engineer to join our Reporting Team and work with our clients to enable them to create and deploy powerful and reusable data presentations. Being a Developer Support Engineer at Progress is like no other support position. You'll be a full member of our technical staff, working closely with the product developers. This is a great job for someone who’s excited about programming, but who’s most motivated by solving real problems for real people. You will be consistently engaged by diverse and interesting challenges on top of various technologies from Angular, Blazor, .NET Core, HTML5 and JS, to WPF and WinForms.
If you are interested to take a look at what a day of the life of the Developer Support Engineer looks like, please check the link.
Please note that this is a maternity cover role with an approximate duration of a year and a half.
This is what you’ll be dealing with if you join us:
- Own designated issues submitted by customers and make sure their problem is solved in the best possible way
- Research variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base articles, bug database, community forums, and the product codebase itself
- Investigate projects provided by customers to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicate clearly and precisely technical issues with the customers and set the right expectations
- Escalate product issues to the product team
- Log product defects and feature requests; provide clear and complete information to the product engineers when their assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Participate in knowledge capturing (e.g., create new knowledge resources and update the existing ones - product demos, KB and documentation articles, code libraries)
- Review product documentation and identify topics that need improvement
This is what you will need to be successful in this role:
- The belief that creating data presentations should be easy
- Be confident with the .NET platform and tooling
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are a must
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: ASP.NET Core, Angular, Blazor, React
- Technical knowledge in any of the following technologies is a plus: ASP.NET WebAPI, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebForms, WPF, Windows Forms
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other DBMS
- Previous background in a customer-oriented job will be considered highly advantageous
- Eagerness to learn new skills
If the above fits your experience and interests, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!