We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
We are looking for a Developer Support Engineer to join our Reporting Team and work with our clients to enable them to create and deploy powerful and reusable data presentations.
Being a Developer Support Engineer at Progress is like no other support position. You'll be a full member of our technical staff, working closely with the product developers. This is a great job for someone who’s excited about programming, but who’s most motivated by solving real problems for real people. You will be consistently engaged by diverse and interesting challenges on top of various technologies from Angular, Blazor, .NET Core, HTML5 and JS, to WPF and WinForms.
If you are interested to take a look at what a day of the life of the Developer Support Engineer looks like, please check the link
.Please note this is a temporary, maternity cover role with an approximate duration of 1.5 years. This is what you’ll be dealing with if you join us:
This is what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Own designated issues submitted by customers and making sure their problem is solved in the best possible way
- Research variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base articles, bug database and community forums
- Investigate projects provided by customers to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers' technical issues and setting the right expectations
- Escalate product issues to the product team
- Log product defects and feature requests; provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Participate in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Review product documentation and identify topics that need improvement
- The belief that creating data presentations should be easy
- Be confident with the .NET platform and tooling
- Technical background in one or more Microsoft .NET related technologies (ASP.NET (Core, WebAPI, MVC , WebForms)), Angular, WPF, Windows Forms
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Previous background in a technical customer-oriented job will be considered highly advantageous
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Eagerness to learn new skills
If the above fits your experience and interests, then we would be happy to hear from you!What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
Vacation, Family and Health:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Аnd even more perks:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
- And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!